Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kings Training Camp 2011: the 'all injured players' quotes

It was a long, long day at the rink for day one of the Kings 2011 Training Camp.

There is just way too much info to get though tonight. However, knowing that people want to read some quotes, I'm going to post some guerrilla style threads. These wont have the normal MayorsManor polish and presentation. Just straight up quote-fests.

First up, here's a collection of quotes from and about players coming off injuries - including Anze Kopitar, Justin Williams, Scott Parse and Trent Hunter.

Coach Terry Murray - "Kopitar is 100%, as far as recovery. He's looking really good. He's skating, he's strong, he's enthusiastic. He wanted to get going even before I ended the video session actually. He said to me, 'It's been a long time since I've played.' So, I was real happy with what I saw."

Murray on Parse - "Scotty Parse had the hip surgery at the early part of (last) year. He's skating well and looks real good...He's a player that I was hoping for a big year from last year on the offensive part of things. That's clearly what he brings to us. A nice touch around the net, he's very creative below the hash marks in the offensive zone and it was unfortunate for the injury. But, he has put in a hard summer and a lot of work. I'm going to watch very closely and probably play him in every one of the exhibition games. Then, we'll see how things move along."

More from coach Murray - "Trent Hunter is here on a (tryout contract), coming off a very serious injury. He hurt himself about the middle of November last year. It didn't respond to therapy, so he had the operation. After being bought out by New Jersey, it was a great opportunity for us to bring in a veteran player and give ourselves the depth that's good to have in training camp...He's an experienced, veteran guy and hopefully he gets some good looks here. I'm going to play him in some exhibition games. If his game is on track, maybe he cracks the line-up here."

Hunter on his knee - "It feels really good. I worked hard over the summer to get it back to where it needs to be. It feels strong and I don't even notice out there. So, I'm excited to be back on the ice, that's for sure...I've had two or three physicals over the last couple of months, they've all seen the same thing - that it's healthy and good. I'm ready to go."

Williams on his shoulder - "It's been over four months now. So, there's no issue at all. There's no hesitation, the shoulder is fine and I feel good...I've been through enough injuries that I'm able to bounce back and get myself mentality ready to play hockey. Pre-season will be important for me, like it will be for a lot of guys."

Next up will be some quotes on Dustin Penner and the overall conditioning of the current Kings roster.




The Mayor
www.twitter.com/MayorNHL
www.facebook.com/MayorsManor

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment